Since May 2021, I am a postdoctoral researcher in Prof. Dr. Peter Sanders’ group (Institute of Theoretical Informatics, Algorithm Engineering) at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. Before that, I was a postdoctoral researcher in Prof. Dr. Johannes Fischer’s group (Algorithmic Foundations and Education in Computer Science) at the chair for Algorithm Engineering at the Department of Computer Science at TU Dortmund University, where I also received my PhD in May 2020 with a thesis on parallel text index construction.
Stringology is the research area of algorithms and data structures for textual data, occurring in the form of (scientific) literature, source code, DNA and proteins sequences, and many more. Here, my research focuses on engineering scaling and space efficient algorithms and text indices in shared and distributed memory. Succinct data structures are data structures that require space close to the information theoretical minimum. This type of data structure has applications in hashing, machine learning, and also in compressed text indices. Here, my research focuses on using utilizing capabilities of modern CPUs to improve the practical behavior of the data structures while improving space requirements.
Since 2022 I am part of the appointment committee for a new professorship at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. Before, I was part of the course guidance team for computer science at TU Dortmund University between 2014 and 2021. I also organized the BwInf-Workshop at TU Dortmund University in 2015, 2016, and 2017 (and supported the organizers with an lecture in 2020), conducted a workshop as part of the the MinTU-Workshop (Girls in the TU, in German “Mädchen in der TU”) in 2017, and co-organized the Regional GCPC 2016 in Dortmund.
- Journal of Experimental Algorithmics (JEA) in 2020
- Annual European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA) 2017, 2019, 2021,
- Annual Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching (CPM) 2016, 2020, 2022,
- Data Compression Conference (DCC) 2020,
- International Conference and Workshops on Algorithms and Computation (WALCOM) 2020,
- International Conference on Current Trends in Theory and Practice of Computer Science (SOFSEM) 2022,
- International Conference on Similarity Search and Applications (SISAP) 2021,
- International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation (ISAAC) 2021,
- International Symposium on Experimental Algorithms (SEA) in 2017,
- International Symposium on String Processing and Information Retrieval (SPIRE) 2015.
- International Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science (STACS) 2020,
- Latin American Theoretical Informatics Symposium (LATIN) 2018, and
- Symposium on Algorithm Engineering and Experiments (ALENEX) 2022, 2023.